in your bag 0 items
- Be careful not to spoil jewelry on clothing. Put jewelry on after dressing, and
remove it first.
- Keep a sterling silver polishing cloth handy for a quick wipe before wearing.
These can be purchased in a most jewelry & discount stores.
- Do not wear your jewelry into a swimming pool or use around chemicals. Humidity,
cleaning supplies, and pool/spa water can quickly oxidize or discolor your jewelry,
especially sterling silver.
- Avoid contact with chemicals, such as perfume, hair spray, deodorant, household
cleaning fluids, and etc. Do not use abrasive jewelry cleaners.
- Store jewelry made from silver and other metals prone to tarnishing in an tight
air-tight or zip-lock plastic bags. This high tech method of storing your things will
keep them looking like new for a long time. Do not store pearl jewelry in sealed bags!
- Most jewelry can be cleaned with a soft cloth and mild detergent with water if
required, rinse with clear water and dry with a soft cloth. Test an inconspicuous area
for color fastness before cleaning the whole piece.
- If you use a jewelry cleaning liquid, read the instructions carefully before
using. Some types of beads and gems, including pearls, turquoise, opal, and other soft
stones, should never be put into any cleaning solution.
- Remove jewelry before going to bed. Sleeping in your jewelry can add extra stress
to chains, joints, etc., and shorten the life of your things!